Dear Family Members,
Autumn Lake Healthcare at Crofton would like to inform you of some changes made to our visitation policy.
What you need to know prior to indoor visitations (for ALL visitors):
- New admissions and readmissions that are NOT “up to date” * on their COVID vaccines are mandated to a 10-day quarantine period. During their quarantine period, the patient will be restricted to their room and will be placed on transmission-based precautions (requiring certain Personal Protective Equipment). Once patients are beyond their 10-day quarantine period they will be removed from transmission-based precautions.
- New admissions and readmissions that ARE “up to date” * are not subjected to the quarantine period.
- Children MUST be able to follow infection control protocols and properly wear a face mask during the visit.
- Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., temperature checks, questions or observations about exposure, signs, and symptoms)
- During check-in visitors will be instructed on use of personal protective equipment (PPE), handing hygiene, social distancing, and other important infection control protocols.
- All visitors are required to answer the COVID screening questions and review and sign the Visitation Agreement.
- Visitors must properly wear a face mask (covering nose and mouth)
- Visitors are limited to two (2) individuals per resident where social distancing cannot be achieved.
- Proper social distancing (6 ft) must be maintained at all times from other residents and visitors.
- Visitors are encouraged to produce a negative COVID test prior to their visit.
- Visitors who do not comply with safety guidelines (e.g. masking and social distancing) will be asked to leave and may lose visitation privileges.
Mary Wheat, CTRS, CDP, NHA
* CDC COVID Booster Recommendations:
CDC recommends a booster of either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for:
- Most people, at least 5 months after the final dose in the primary series
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised, at least 3 months after the final dose in the primary series
CDC recommends a 2nd booster of either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the 1st booster for:
- Adults ages 50 years and older
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised